How to Make a Complaint

IGIS can only address your complaint if it relates to one of the AIC agencies (that is, ASIO, ASIS, ASD, AGO, DIO or ONI). If your complaint is regarding a different agency you may wish to seek the advice of the Commonwealth Ombudsman.

To complain to the IGIS about:

  • the security assessment stage of an application for an Australian visa, or
  • an agency within the Australian Intelligence Community

you can contact us in the following ways:

  • Email : Send an email describing your complaint, or attach a letter with your complaint, to
  • In Writing : Send a letter to the IGIS at our postal address: 3-5 National Circuit Barton ACT 2600
  • Telephone : You can call the office of the IGIS on (02) 6141 4555 to leave a message and we will return your call to discuss your complaint. Sometimes we will ask you to put the complaint in writing, outlining the details. 

If you would like more information please visit our Tips and Advice on Making a Complaint or Complaints about Immigration and Citizenship Matters pages.