- On 26 June 2019 the Inspector-General convened a pilot meeting with representatives from a number of Civil Society Groups.
- On 6 December the Inspector-General released a public statement confirming that no current or former ASIS officer has raised concerns about any alleged Australian Government activity with respect to East Timor.
- On 6 June 2013 the Inspector-General announced an inquiry into the actions of Commonwealth agencies in respect of an Egyptian irregular maritime arrival.
- On 6 March 2013 the Inspector-General announced a review of the reported actions of ASIO in relation to Mr Benjamin Zygier.
- On 1 November 2011 the Inspector-General announced the commencement of an inquiry into community detention security assessments and related matters.
- On 1 June 2011 the Inspector-General announced the commencement of an inquiry into allegations of inappropriate vetting practices by the Defence Security Authority.
- On 10 January 2011 the Inspector-General announced the commencement of an inquiry into the actions of relevant Australian agencies in relation to the arrest and detention overseas of Mr Mamdouh Habib from 2001 to 2005.
- On 22 July 2010 the Cabinet Secretary, Senator the Hon Joe Ludwig, announced the appointment of Dr Vivienne Thom as the Inspector-General of Intelligence and Security for a period of five years from 19 July 2010
- On 27 March 2009 the Inspector-General announced the commencement of an Inquiry into DSD - PDF 19KB | RTF 33KB
- On 14 November 2007 the Inspector-General announced the commencement of an Inquiry into ASIO - PDF 25KB | RTF 40KB
- On 27 March 2007 the Inspector-General announced he had been re-appointed - PDF 36KB | RTF 38KB
- On 23 March 2004 the Prime Minister announced the appointment of a new Inspector-General of Intelligence and Security - PDF 36KB | RTF 39KB
- On 21 September 2000 the Attorney-General announced action for Improving Security Within Australia - PDF 35KB | RTF 47KB following the government’s adoption of the recommendations from a recent IGIS report.
- On 25 May 1999 the IGIS announced that he had been asked to commence an Inquiry into the activities of Mr Jean-Philippe Wispelaere - PDF 35KB | RTF 38KB